Frequently Asked Questions
• Who publishes Alaskan History Magazine?
Alaskan author Helen Hegener – the person writing this – is the publisher and managing editor. Through my company, Northern Light Media, I’ve published over a dozen nonfiction books about the history of Alaska, the roadhouses, railroads, gold rush history and historic sled dog races such as the Iditarod and the Yukon Quest. Check out my books website for some great reading!
• Can I write an article for Alaskan History Magazine?
Certainly! See the Writer’s Guidelines here.
• Can I order a single issue, an extra copy, or one of your back issues?
Yes, here’s the ordering page. And here is the back issues page. Please advise if you’re requesting a back issue and not the current issue, which will be sent by default (the Nov-Dec issue will be sent at this time unless otherwise requested).
• Can I order wholesale copies for resale?
Yes, just contact me through the form below and let’s discuss it!
• Can I help promote the magazine?
Yes! Check out the downloadable brochure you can print or send as a PDF!
• Do you accept advertising?
No, sorry, there is no advertising in the magazine at this time.
• I didn’t receive my issue!
No worries, just send me a note below and I’ll send a replacement issue, no charge!
• Do you have a question not answered here?
Emails written on this form will be sent directly to the managing editor and publisher of Alaskan History Magazine: